About B&D Builders
One of the most rewarding parts of our job is getting to know our customers, who quickly become our friends. Our ability to connect with our customers on a one-on-one basis and really listen is what makes us different from other custom builders. No egos, no hidden agendas and nothing is ever more important than your trust.
Whether we’re building your dream home or an exquisite equestrian facility our team of skilled craftsmen is committed to do what we say, when we say it – to get your project done right.
We look forward to meeting you.
In the meantime, we’d love for you to get to know more about us.
- What size is your company?
- We like to call ourselves a small business with a lot of punch. We have four company-owned and trained work crews to do your project. We also have an in-house design staff, three full-time project managers and a custom millwork shop to make all of the unique components that go into our projects. Our company is built on the longstanding partnership between owners Ben Esh and Daniel Glick to insure every detail gets the attention it deserves.
- How long have you been in business?
- We started in 2000 when Ben Esh and Daniel Glick were at the age of 20 and ready for something new and exciting after spending their teenage years in a shop building small garden sheds. The occasional large garden shed got them out of the shop and out in the field and they both discovered this is what they really liked doing. In the 16 years since then we have never looked back.
- Is it a public company, private or family-owned business?
- One could call it a family owned business. Partners Ben Esh and Daniel Glick grew up in the same neighborhood, attended school together, traded Homing Pigeons as 11 year old entrepreneurs, and then Ben went on to marry one of Daniel’s cousins. We are convinced the strength of a partnership creates a better building company simply because we hold each other accountable for building design criteria, job completion deadlines and customer satisfaction.
- What makes B&D Builders different from other builders?
- We have a personal approach to our projects, which isn’t always the case with contractors. We care about the well-being of our clients who end up living in our homes and want our thoughtful design process to make their day-to-day lives easier. Our professional 3D drawings let you analyze your house top to bottom, layer by layer – before the building starts. We also have our own millwork shop to build hard to find components. Our in-house timber shop does all of the joinery to create beautiful timber truss, to complement one room or to create an entire timber frame home. To top this off we have our own CNC Laser and press break to make all the hardware that goes into every one of our projects.
- Why should I buy from you and not from your competitor?
- We truly enjoy interacting with our clients on a one-on-one basis. Our focus is always making sure we do the best job we can for each and every customer.
- We’re dedicated to our craft on a daily basis and approach each custom building project with creativity and enthusiasm. We have come up through generations of skilled craftsmen and have great expertise in building horse barns, arenas, timber frame homes and other custom structures.
- Craftsmanship, attention to detail and a job done right isn’t just how we were trained – it’s who we are.
- What are the core values of the company?
- Our mission is to do “what we say, when we say it.” This meaning you can trust our word at every step of the process. If we have an agreed upon scope, it will happen. If we have an agreed upon price, it won’t change unless you make a change request. And, if we have an agreed upon completion date, it won’t change.
- Where are you based?
- B&D Builders beautiful hand-crafted headquarters is located in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country in Paradise PA. We really encourage you to come and tour our timber and millwork shop and discuss your project. While you’re here, you can enjoy our local restaurants and even see some of the unique projects we have done for the tourism industry in Lancaster County.
We would love the opportunity to talk with you about your upcoming project. Thank you for taking a moment to consider us. Feel free to call Ben Esh and Daniel Glick directly at 717-687-0292 to start your dialogue today.